International Oyster & Seafoods is a South Australian family owned and operated company which will be celebrating 50 years in business in 2008.
The company is run by the second generation of the Del Medico family, brothers Mario and Angie Del Medico, son-in-law Vito Paparella with the founder of the company, Dick (Diego) Del Medico still coming in to work daily.
The business was started in 1958 in Hindley Street as International Oyster Bar and Restaurant and by 1960 the restaurant had earned a reputation for the quality of their oysters which started the wholesaling of oysters and then later other seafood to well known restaurants and nightclubs of that era.
The wholesaling part of the business grew quickly which led them to move and operate a wholesale business from Carrington Street, Adelaide and then in 1980 build the premises which they now operate from at 241 Franklin Street, Adelaide.
International Oyster & Seafoods are wholesalers of quality seafood and other product lines required by the hospitability industry. We pride ourselves on the quality of our products and the service delivered to our customers.
International Oyster & Seafoods won the Supplier of the Year Award for 2005, which was presented to us by the Restaurant & Catering Association of South Australia. This award is voted by Restaurants, Hotels, Cafes, Caterers etc. from South Australia.
We are proud to have the reputation for supplying quality seafood, proof being many of our customers being loyal for over 40 years.